Vitality is a general term that describes what is the state of a particular person's well-being. It can be measured in a variety of scales.
Tšintše Vitality is a simple, arbitrary-accuracy vitality scale that neatly divides every state of being into seven equal groups:
- 0: DEAD, undead, and any other not-alive words.
- 1: Horribly wounded, unconscious.
- 2: Wounded, the Mental Wall, fading determination.
- 3: Tramatized, wounded slightly, or sudden blackout.
- 4: A bit sick, crippled, or shocked.
- 5: The general case: no sickness, everything is well.
- 6: Better than good, or the character is about to do something awesome.
Variants of this scale involve moving undead people up to the 1 ~ 6 scheme. Some variants also remove the 6 rating.
The Adlofo Character Vitality Scale takes six numbers , , , , , and , for Strength/Stamina, Illness, Dexterity, Willpower, Influence and Skill respectively. Illness and Influence take a number from 0 to 5, the rest take a number from 0 to 10.
Adlofo Vitality then adjusts these as follows: