The finished product
|Steps required||27 main steps + 7 primer|
|Tool set||Compasses and straightedge|
|Index number||No. 6.12.01$006|
|View Template Page|
- Create points A and B. You know the drill.
- Create circle AB.
- Create line AB.
- Create perpendicular of AB passing through A.
- The antipode of B is C.
- Halve AC, midpoint D.
- Where the perpendicular crosses circle AB mark F. F is above A.
- Create circle, center F, radius AD.
- Where this new circle crosses AF, mark G. F is in segment AG.
- Create line parallel to AB passing through G.
- Create line parallel to AG passing through B.
- Where circle AB and FG cross mark H, where ABHF is a convex quadrilateral.
- Create line parallel to AG passing through H.
- Where the line from step 10 and 11 cross mark I.
- Where GI and the line two steps ago cross mark J.
- Create circle IJ.
- Where this circle crosses segment IB mark K.
- Trisect* IJ, making two new points. Order: J V W I.
- Create circles IJ and JI.
- Where these circles cross mark L and O. L is above IJ; O is below IJ.
- Create circle LJ.
- Create rays JL and IL.
- Where these rays cross circle LJ mark M and N, respectively.
- Create segments MO and NO.
- Where these new segments cross IJ mark V and W. JV = VW = WI.
- Trisect* IK, making two new points. Order: I T U K.
- Create circle KI.
- Where circle IK and KI cross mark P and S. P is to the right of IK; S is to the left of IK.
- Create circle PI.
- Create rays IP and KP.
- Where these rays cross circle PI mark Q and R, respectively.
- Create segments QS and RS.
- Where these new segments cross IK mark U and T. IT = TU = UK.
- Create line parallel to IJ passing through T.
- Create line parallel to IB crossing through V.
- Where these lines cross mark Z.
- Create line parallel to IJ passing through U.
- Create line parallel to IB passing through W.
- Where this new line crosses ZT mark X.
- Where WX crosses the line in step 23 mark Y.
- GVZXYUBA is a capchalogue card!